The Chair of Finance
Head of the Chair: Professor, Doctor of Economics, Serhei Frolov.
The Chair of Finance was founded in 1998. It has the highest level of accreditation and trains bachelors, specialists and masters in Finance in full-time and part-time forms.
The Chair consists of 1 professor, 12 assistant professors, 8 lecturers and 2 assistants.
Disciplines taught by the Chair:
- Corporate finance
- Financial management
- Financial management in small business
- Financial analysis
- Budgetary system
- Budgetary management
- Financial sanation and bankruptcy of companies
- Management of financial sanation
- Analysis of investment projects
- Financing of projects
- Insurance system
- Insurance services
- Insurance management
- Financial investment
- Financial intermediation
- Financial market
- Social insurance
- Market of financial services
- Local finances
- Financial activity of enterprises
- Issues of the theory and practice of finance
- Financial statistics
- Management of finances of joint-stock companies
The Chair’s lecturers have published more than 370 scientific works including 45 monographs and brochures such as:
- A. Yepifanov. Regional management: study book.
- A. Yepifanov. The evaluation of credit standing and investment attractiveness of firms: monograph.
- A. Yepifanov, S. Kozmenko, M. Makarenko. Capital movement liberalization during the European integration: monograph.
- A. Yepifanov. Methodological components of effective development of the banking system in Ukraine: monograph.
- I. Shkolnyk. The financial market of Ukraine in the context of development of the world financial system: monograph.
- I. Shkolnyk. The financial market in Ukraine: development strategy: monographs.
- I. Shkolnyk, I. Boyarko, B. Syurkalo. Financial management: study book.
- Y. Konoplina. Social insurance: study book.
Lecturers work on the following research topics:
- Reformation of the financial system of Ukraine in the conditions of European integration processes.
- Modern technologies in financial and banking activities in Ukraine.
- Development of mechanisms for the functioning of the banking system of Ukraine under the influence of foreign capital.
- Formation of insurance market in Ukraine in the context of sustainable development.
- Prospects for the development of the Ukrainian banking system.
The Chair’s staff participated in the preparation of materials for the Economic Encyclopedia of Ukraine, development of specialists training standards in the area of “Economy and entrepreneurship”, preparation of the complex program for the development Ukraine’s banking system, took part in the parliamentary hearings of the Supreme Council of Ukraine devoted to the development of regional economic strategies.
Lecturers constantly seek to improve their professional level by taking part in seminars and training courses at the leading educational institutions and financial organizations in Ukraine and abroad.
The Chair is involved in the preparation of scientific dissertations. There were two Doctor’s and 30 Candidate’s dissertations defended in the speciality “Finances, money and credit”.
The Chair has a club of applied economic sciences, which actively involves students in its activities.
Foreign partners of the Chair: Banking Institute/College of Banking (Prague, Czech Republic), Financial Academy with the Government of the Russian Federation, St.-Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance, University of Applied Sciences of the Deutsche Bundesbank (Hachenburg, Germany).
Chair’s address: Petropavlivska Str. 57, 40030, Sumy, Ukraine.
Tel: (0542) 619-183; 619-927